Arena 8 Deck: Hog Freeze – Detailed Explanation!
In this post, we will explain Arena 8 Deck: Hog Freeze detailedly. Hog Rider and Freeze is the combination of the best combos shared by Justin. He is the leader of The Elite, which is ranked at #5 in the U.S.
Best Arena 8 Deck in Clash Royale
- Hog Rider is one of two staples of Arena 8 Deck. He represents the main offensive card. And you can’t replace him completely. So, you should not try to do that with any card because it will change this deck’s strategy.
- Freeze Spell is another staple of Arena 8 Deck. It’s pretty easy for you to use it with single cards in this deck.
- Fireball in this new metagame is very important to get at least one spell damage card in the deck. It is not required. But your deck will not be viable without it. Besides, Rocket and lightning will not cut it because it is not a cheap splash damage card.
- Tesla should not be replaced with anything. If you don’t own any Tesla, this deck will become extremely weak when fighting against air troops. Tesla provides to you a wonderful power to defend.
- Cannon is a nice card for you to use when this deck has a very low average Elixir cost (v). Sometimes, you will receive a lot of Elixir in case you are not ready to attack.
- Skeletons card works pretty well with Freeze. They can accomplish an amount of damage with only one Elixir. They can be used to distract the foes while the own defensive buildings are hitting them.
- Spear Goblins are ranged troops with great damage. They can be played on both defense and offense. You can use them to distract the enemy like Skeletons. By combining them with Tesla, you can solve any air attack.
- Knight can be replaced with some other cards. He is working very well with this deck. All other cards in this deck are very susceptible to splash damage. Knight is the cheapest one that can deal with splash damaging cards. In Legendary Arena, you can fight against a lot of players by using Golem and splash damaging troops such as Bomber, Princess, Wizard and more. If you control Knight to fill the splash damage and guide other small troops to attack the Golem or the backup troops, you should choose the best time.
- Arena 8 deck is extremely reliant on Freeze. If you want to increase your rank rapidly, you need to pay attention to Freeze.
- You will use Hog and Freeze to attack. But sometimes I will not want to attack first because the opponent has high Elixir. So, I may make some positive Elixir trades [Link]. It is the reason I can usually defend and attack after that. If your deck is filled with offensive cards, you should attack. Make sure you don’t overspend.
- It’s easy to defend with this deck. We have two defensive buildings and Fireball. You need to have more Elixir than the others.
- After couples of decent defenses, you will get more Elixir. It’s the good time to launch a huge push!
Basic Tips in Arena 8 Deck: Hog Freeze – Detailed Explanation!
- From starting, if the enemy doesn’t attack first, you just drop one building when you are near 10 Elixir. It’s very simple! But I see a lot of people who is losing their buildings in the middle of the battle. When the opponent is low on Elixir, and you have more Elixir than them, you can attack.
- You should place the buildings in the middle of the land. It is about five tiles above the King’s tower. Cannon should lean towards the side that you are being attacked.
- Remember to use Skeletons to distract the enemy while they are being hit by your towers and buildings.
- Try to control Fireball on Barbarians and Minion Horde. If the foe drops them at a time, you can drop Fireball of Barbarians and use Tesla with Spear Goblins to solve Minions.
Advanced Tips of Arena 8 Deck: Hog Freeze – Detailed Explanation!
- To freeze the enemy buildings, you don’t do hastily. Just wait until your Hog HP is around 50%. Use Freeze on troops and buildings is better than freezing only buildings.
- If you want to fireball a building which is distracting your running Hog, you should implement this early. You can save the time because Hog will not do more damage than needed.
- You can use Freeze on defenses. Of course, you need to have the defensive buildings. It will give you enough time to beat lots of damage.
- If one of the towers of the enemy has very low HP, you can start to aim the other side. You can defeat the low HP tower anytime with Fireball.
- If the others have Lightning, you should keep only one defensive building at a time. So, you can drop another after the foe gets rid of the first one. The Lightning will not get much value.
Matchups in Arena 8 Deck: Hog Freeze – Detailed Explanation!
Golem Decks: you can deal with Golem easily most of the time. When the foe drops Elixir Collector or Golem, you can take the advantage of Hog + Freeze combo. Even if you can’t beat the enemy tower, you can solve a ton of damage. If you are on defense, use Knight to destroy supporting troops behind the Golems and use other cards to attack them.
Building Decks: it is the hardest matchup against our deck. You must use Fireball a lot. Make sure you can damage others’ buildings and troops at the same time. On defense, you should use more Elixir to reinforce your push.
P.E.K.K.A Decks: it’s pretty easy to deal with P.E.K.K.As because you own Spear Goblins and Skeletons. Control the Hog Freeze combo on the other side once your enemy drops his PEKKA.
Prince + Dark Prince: is the very popular combo these days. You should ensure your buildings get ready all the time for attacks. Drop your Knight to take both charges first. Next, play other troops behind the enemy Prince. Most attackers will drop the Dark Prince first. Your buildings can beat him quickly while the Prince is distracted by your small troops.
To solve X-Bow and Mortar Decks: you must have a decent number of skills. If one of your towers is attacked, you should defend it and aim for that side. Drop buildings early on the side that the opponent is targeting. Your small troops can easily distract those buildings and any other troop while your defensive buildings are trying to deal with the damage. Also, Tesla can easily attack the X-Bow/Cannon in case they can aim your towers. Aside from that, you can drop Cannon in front of your Towers to soak damage from the Mortar.